Mon, Mar 07|
Be The Bridge: Transracial Adoption Group
Become a healthy cross-culture parent!
Time & Location
Mar 07, 2022, 8:00 PM – 9:30 PM
About the Event
Learn how to grow in healthy cross-race parenting through Be The Bridge's Transracial Adoption curriculum. Join us in this multi-week class as we work to educate ourselves and wrestle with the difficult issues of race and culture in adoption. When you sign up, you are signing up for all five weeks, as the conversations will build on one another.
Meets Mondays from 8 to 9:30pm. February 7, 14, 21, 28 and March 7.
Be the Bridge's Transracial Adoption Guide will help you:
• Gain a deeper understanding of the complexities of transracial adoption
• Learn from first-person adult adoptee accounts about their experiences growing up in a multi-ethnic family
• Increase your racial literacy and explore the ethics of adoption
• Learn skills that will help your child form a positive racial-ethnic identity
• Learn how to facilitate positive racial-ethnic socialization
• Understand how to protect and prepare your child to live in a world where race has social implications
Join us today! Spaces are limited to help foster plenty of opportunity for group discussion as we work through this journal. Price is $150 per household and includes the BTB Adoption Guide and Journal ($65 value). Scholarships available!
Note about Religion:
The Be the Bridge curriculum is one that is based in a Christian world-view. There are bible verses used in the curriculum. The Christian perspective is not something that will be emphasized in ASA’s facilitation of the group. However, we want you to be aware of this component of the curriculum when registering.
BTB Transracial Adoption Group
Includes journal and guide from Be The Bridge ($65 value)