Be The Bridge: Transracial Adoption Group
Time & Location
About the Event
Learn how to grow in healthy cross-race parenting through Be The Bridge's Transracial Adoption curriculum. Join us in this multi-week class as we work to educate ourselves and wrestle with the difficult issues of race and culture in adoption. This 5 part class will meet biweeky.
Meets Mondays from 7:30-9:00pm.
March 8 & 22
April 12 & 26
Be the Bridge's Transractial Adoption Guide will help you:
• Gain a deeper understanding of the complexities of transracial adoption
• Learn from first-person adult adoptee accounts about their experiences growing up in a multi-ethnic family
• Increase your racial literacy and explore the ethics of adoption
• Learn skills that will help your child form a positive racial-ethnic identity
• Learn how to facilitate positive racial-ethnic socialization
• Understand how to protect and prepare your child to live in a world where race has social implications
Join us today! Spaces are limited to help foster plenty of opportunity for group discussion as we work through this journal. Price is $150 per household and includes the BTB Adoption Guide and Journal ($65 value). Scholarships available!
- BTB Transracial Adoption Group$150$1500$0